Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 98 – Wednesday 5th May 2010

An early start for Armorel this morning as she was off for a village clinic. She was being picked up at 6:40am.

Today she was ‘Paediatric Doctor’ seeing 26 children with various illnesses and complaints. A steep learning curve, one she is climbing well, but a thoroughly enjoyable day. This was helped by a glorious journey home in the afternoon sun, across beautiful plains and the occasional band of monkeys.

My day was less than exotic. I am trying to teach the students about their families and how if their uncle has a son that they are not your brother. We are getting there slowly.

One amazing thing is that one student wrote down their mothers name as ‘Armorel’. I am going to investigate tomorrow. Surely this cannot be.

I spent the afternoon faffing and waiting for Armorel to return home, doing crosswords, code-words and a Sudoku or two. I gave up with the Kenken. Its too tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment