Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 117 – Monday 24th May 2010

A new week of work and I have no idea what it will bring. The exams have finished but we still have a week of school. Alex is joining me today to try and get a taste of school life.

Well, I am not teaching today. The Bishop is arriving later to bless the schools new computer and printer, so the kids are preparing a special song and making sure the school is tidy. They seem to just be sitting around to be honest, but I have been told this is more important than lessons.

After an amusing hour or so and the blessings complete my school day is finished. Alex and I headed into town and confirmed her flights home and then offered our services to the clinic for the afternoon.

Armorel had been busy doing a load of promotional and information leaflets. We joined her in the office and I tried my architectural skills in designing some houses for the shamba.

An early evening tour of the shamba followed with thunder and black clouds on the horizon, before we headed home for chapatti and beans and a film.

1 comment:

  1. I Like sitting around !! well actually thats not true but I am trying to be understanding ha! ha! but instead I have been trying to cool down a warehouse which probably felt like you home. It helped taking our insulations from the extractor fans. Godd tip !!
    Love you guys and you funny blog

    Dave

    ReplyDelete