Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 94 – Saturday 1st May 2010

Today is not a rest day. With the grand opening of the ward on Tuesday there was plenty to be done at the clinic, predominantly, making the place look a little bit nicer.

Ironically today is a national holiday called ‘Workers Day’, when no one is meant to work.

I was recruited, and off we headed in the morning sun. The first job was to clear the ground, rake it and make it look a lot nicer than it was. With all this green waste, we soon decided constructing a compost area would also be beneficial. So with the few words of my P1000625mum’s composting genius plucked from distant memories, I set to work and constructed a three bed compost area (on your right). I am very proud of myself. I have no idea if it will work, but that’s not my concern today.

We then got stuck into building a couple of paths and a good general tidy up. It was a long and exhausting day, but enjoyable.P1000637 

Back in the UK today would be the first day of ‘Ready4Action’, which is a three day event where Guildford churches join together to work in the local community helping sort out people’s homes and gardens. This is the first year I have missed it in 6 years, so felt I was doing my bit overseas. If you interested I am sure someone will post a web link or contact about Ready4Action.

We treated ourselves with a cold drink at the Tabora, with some football on in the background, and managed to rehydrate and start our recovery.

We watched ‘Open Range’, a good but rather long and slow cowboy film with spicy spaghetti tonight. It was a lovely evening apart from the chilli that I managed to get up the nose and in my eye. The pain and frustration finally left about 3am.

1 comment:

  1. Ah dudes sorry I would have posted a link but only now reading the blog and it's Monday night! Wasn't the same without you, brambles in Stoughton are the winner in your absence!
    Jonesy x

    ReplyDelete