Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 111 – Tuesday 18th May 2010

Without having to go into school, I decided to spend a day with my dam.

I left Armorel at the clinic and headed off with my spade into the country. My task was to find, buy and add small stones to my dam. I luckily picked up my band of men and relied solely on them for this adventure. My swahili is not up to standard yet, mind you nor is their English.

We ended up miles away, half way up a hill on a very interesting track, negotiating with a 10 year old boy for a pile of rocks on the side of the road.

After a quick negotiation and a refusal to let the boy go to school until we had collected all the rocks we started loading the truck.

3 loads later we had finished but so had the day. I will return next week for the next step.

Armorel had another busy day at the clinic. She is creating everything for these wards; even I feel as though I would know what to do if I worked there with all the manuals and instructions created.

This is a social packed week. Off out tonight to the Canon of the Cathedral’s house for dinner.

No power, so we ate in candlelight a selection of delights, and tried to improve and use our Swahili. We are getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment