Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 107 – Friday 14th May 2010

Thank goodness it is Friday. We need the weekend.

I am fortunate I always have short day on Friday, but my kind heart pushed me towards the clinic and I worked on designing an admissions database. Still I managed to be home early which was nice.

Unfortunately, I left Armorel at the clinic having a shocker of a day, which ended with a dog biting her. Not badly, no skin puncture but still.

I think it best we don’t talk about it.

This afternoon I went and played football with about 35 kids from a vulnerable child day centre. Great fun in the sweltering afternoon sun. We even attracted a small crowd.

My team, consisting of all those under 10 and the street kids, took on the older, larger and well fed boys from the day centre. It was a close game until the last 10 minutes when tiredness kicked in.

We lost 7-1.

I did score our only goal , and received boos from the crowd. No appreciation for the lung bursting run, the dummy, a drag back and side foot passed the keeper and last defender!

No comments:

Post a Comment