Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 93 – Friday 30th April 2010

The plan today was to work the morning and then in the afternoon finish off our driving license quest. By mid afternoon we both were ready to kill someone or something!

The morning had been fine, yet uneventful. I read some of my new books for school and am worried about their content. I think maybe I should write some educational books whilst I am here.

We then headed for our eye test, which was quite a surreal experience. In the back room both Armorel and I sat as we went through the eye exam. Armorel went first and proved she has nearly perfect vision. Whilst I sat and watched and thought about cheating and memorising what she was being asked. It was then my turn, first without my glasses and funnily enough I couldn’t see anything. Then with my glasses and surprisingly I could then see all I was meant to.

Eye tests – Passed and Done!

The next task was a trip to the local authority building.

There were no staff.

We sat and waited until a man appeared. Frustrations growing.

“Not here!”

Was his response to our questions about getting our license. This was not meant to happen. He then sent us on our way to the police station.

“Not here!”

Was their response. Instead the policeman kindly wrote down everything we needed, to get a license. The list is getting longer and more expensive by the second. So frustrated we headed off to the driving authority as we now need to get a driving certificate, whatever that is. It is meant to be tsh6000.

“60,000 each, what?”

We are getting nowhere, we have had enough, so are heading back to work. Next time we are bringing a local. Nothing is simple.

You would think driving for 10 years in a country with millions of cars would be enough to drive in a town of 20 cars, where the average driving ability is less than a goat. I am struggling to change my mindset!

Luckily I arrived home and played a game of football in the garden with Baraka. I am again at peace with the world.

Tonight is family night with John, Joha, Zawadi and Baraka. On the menu this week was Pizza, rice and beans, followed by popcorn and an introduction to ‘Where’s Wally?’ They were all hooked, especially when the magnifying glass came out. They had never seen one before.

Also a frog came to visit us tonight. He had managed to pick up a trail of dust. I promise you are house is clean.P1000622

No comments:

Post a Comment