Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 205 – Friday 20th August 2010

Jo had a deserved lie-in this morning as we headed off to work.

Armorel was going to be busy running her cardiac clinic, whilst I was hoping to escape school after the first lesson and head to the farm with a builder to talk houses.

We picked Jo up and headed out to the shamba, via a very interesting route with the road still closed in places. It was good to hear the builder’s ideas, even though they were in Swahili and my translation was patchy to say the least. The general consensus is that we will return tomorrow to map out the foundations.IMG_6373

We arrived back to the clinic around lunchtime. Armorel was still plugging away with a big clinic list and the ward filling up. Jo and I then escaped for Friday football, where Jo was going to play with the girls.

The ball burst within an hour.

Not much of a sweat was had, though I did score a cracker!

This evening we headed out for dinner. We arrived to find some of the tobacco guys playing pool, and I was invited to join them, which certainly was a distraction from the waiting for the food. My pool skills were off tonight though.

No comments:

Post a Comment