Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 187 – Monday 2nd August 2010

Waking up in the dark is tough, and something we had hoped to escape after leaving the UK behind. It is so hard to get out of bed.

My punctuation master class seemed to go well, though I think some students got a bit confused when I showed them semi-colons and colons. But don’t we all!

After my busy morning I headed to the farm to check on the brick progress. We have made 16,000 so are now ready to start firing them. You build a type of kiln out of the bricks and then light a fire inside. 24 hours later you have finished, hardened bricks. We hope to fire them this weekend.

Armorel continues to be busy at the clinic, running the ward, being a nurse and a doctor. I think the lack of training of the nurses got to her today. Their knowledge is so very basic.

This afternoon we had fun and games with Baraka and Zawadi, which ended up with them hiding / sleeping in the dog baskets. Hilarious!P1010203

We are very tired at the moment, mentally, physically and spiritually. We hope we sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment