Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 194 – Monday 9th August 2010

We did not sleep well last night. A mixture of loud dogs, shouting men and the cold meant it was a restless night.

Yes the cold, it was just 20 degrees when we woke.

Monday is always a busy day. I taught for the morning and then headed to the clinic, where there were many patients and Armorel was certainly busy. I than had a fun ‘bank’ experience.

The clinic had been given a gift in pound sterling and it needed to be changed. I arrived at the bank and joined the long queue. I had given myself 30 minutes to move one pillar along, about 5m, otherwise I was giving up and going to come back tomorrow.

I had moved 1m.

Just as I was about to leave when a member of staff, seeing the white man in the queue, ran over and ushered me to another desk. Here I skipped all the people and was soon seen and on my way.

Although it is nice being treated in this way, you do feel sorry for everyone else. I don’t deserve any special treatment at all.

Armorel continued to be busy with patients and the ward which is getting much busier. They have an average of 6 patients a night at the moment. Tomorrow, Armorel is running a training session on ‘Early Warning Scores.’

This afternoon we had Sarah, a US student who leaves next week, over for a cup of tea on the veranda. It was lovely to just see the world go by, and enjoy a fresh cup of tea.

We have just watched an ER and are heading to bed. Our rationing of ER is improving but we will still have finished before we leave.

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment