Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 191 – Friday 6th August 2010

We need the weekend. The snooze button was used and some may say abused this morning, but we still made it to work on time, just.

My morning at school was short and quiet, and so I soon found myself at the clinic, which was far from quiet. Armorel was busy running her cardiac clinic and seeing a range of other patients as one of the doctors wasn’t in today.

I spent the rest of the day with the clinic handy-men, most of it sorting out a large metal container. It was hot work. It even got to the stage when the Tanzanians were telling me that it was too hot to work in there anymore. I must say I was very grateful, as I had lost pretty much all my fluid.

I then escaped to Friday football where we had a group of UK university students join us. It was a good fun game and nice to get a run around. I played on the ‘Africa’ team, as I am of course now a local. We had an average age of maybe 10, and sadly lost, but only by 2 goals, 5-3.

Tonight we had the same group of students over for a film and popcorn which was nice, though the film choice was poor, ‘Wedding Crashers’.

P1010235We also had another, unwanted, guest. We think a ‘Black Mamba’,  quiet deadly, but luckily John (not me) had a spade and managed to take most of its head off.

No comments:

Post a Comment