Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 155 – Thursday 1st July 2010

The first day of July brings with it a dusty cold wind. We even woke in the night to get a blanket. It is getting chilly, though by 11am it will be up to at least 30.

We both headed into the clinic today. The ward was still busy with a wide range of patients, so Armorel was non-stop. I on the other hand was not. Supposedly I had done too much work yesterday so there wasn’t really anything to do.

I was hoping that this would mean a slightly early finish and maybe tea in the garden with my book.

I was wrong.

Armorel had managed to discharge most of her patients but new ones kept arriving, and then just as we were about to leave a man arrived at the gate having fallen off his bike. His face was pretty messed up, and he had many cuts and scrapes.

We finally left around 6pm.

It was another quiet evening, and we hit the bed nice and early. I was too tired to even try to read my book.

IMG_3064We haven't had any photos for a while, so here is a local butcher.

Are you brave enough to try any meat?

No comments:

Post a Comment