Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 166 – Monday 12th July 2010

I don’t know how to really describe today. It was my first day back at school and quite surreal. I didn’t think anything would surprise me.

I was wrong.

I arrived at 7:30am to find the school locked up, one other teacher and 13 students.

We chatted and confirmed that school was indeed starting today.

By 8:30am we had been joined by another teacher, had 20 students and had keys to the school.

I had also learnt that our Biology teacher had been sacked because he actually failed Biology at school and had no qualification and that my line manager, the school manager, had resigned.

At 9:30am the deputy head arrived, hoping that everything would have been ‘arranged’ by now.

At 10:15am the head teacher arrived. He had been shopping.

We then had to have a meeting, which took another hour to organise, while the 20 students sat outside.

The meeting finished and it was decided to try and start school tomorrow instead.

I was lost for words!

On a more positive note, our jam is finished and ready for sale!P1010098

Laugh?

Cry?

Despair?

Run away?

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like WAWA, but that's West Africa Wins Again ... I'm thinking East Africa isn't much different!

    I had to go to a school for my driving theory test at 7am. By 8.30 it had nearly finished being swept by some children who had unfortunately (for them) turned up for summer school ... we eventually got going at about 9ish, if I remember rightly! Ah well!

    Hilary (Deneufchâtel née Inwood - I sort of knew John in Yeovil! Now working with SIM in Benin.)

    ReplyDelete