Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 181 – Tuesday 27th July 2010

Another regular start to a Tuesday. I was teaching and Armorel was running her cardiac clinic. She has also arranged for a local man to do some paintings around the clinic to brighten the place up, which he started today. Picture tomorrow we hope.

Then just after lunch it got tough.

Armorel had to perform CPR on a 7 day old baby who arrived at the clinic in a very serious condition. They rushed her to the district hospital but we feel it was all too late.

It is hard.

But the day has to continue. I headed off to the farm to check the progress on the soil regeneration and ended up bringing about 8 trees back with me.

I have no idea why. Our anglo-swahili isn’t quite that advanced yet. The guys just strapped them in the back and then told me to ‘Twende’ (go), so I did.

We go to bed feeling as though the day has been a good one, but wondering how when such tough situations hit you.

“Just another day in Africa!”

1 comment:

  1. Guys, really feel your pain here. And in such contrast to the joyous newsletter you sent out. Sometimes I blatantly admit to God that I despair of the falleness of his creation... when other times I guess I try to pretend we can conquer all in our own power.

    I continue to pray about your life and work. So delighted to read about the building you're getting involved in, and hope that your enjoy sinking your teeth into it.

    ReplyDelete