Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 174 – Tuesday 20th July 2010

I headed into my English lessons today with high hopes. We have been working hard, looking at ‘Opinions and Feelings.’ I felt confident enough to set a small task, and this was once sentence I read in response.

“My mother opinion cooked Ugali.”

I checked. Her mother’s name was not ‘Opinion’.

This is worrying. What am I teaching them? I secretly hoped that maybe we had been lost in translation and I had been using the wrong Swahili word for opinion.

I checked with the maths teacher. ‘Maoni.’

No help there, that is what I said, I am stumped.

Luckily, Armorel was not so stumped in her cardiac clinic. She really seems to be enjoying the challenge and although very hard work is having fun. The ward is also getting busier which is excellent, but it does reveal one or two cracks, which is frustrating, but Armorel keeps plugging away.

We have had a quiet evening in, and need an early night, so it’s goodnight from us.

P1010105And, before I go, our next building project at the clinic has begun.

I seem to managing the construction of a new TB lab!!

No comments:

Post a Comment