Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 180 – Monday 26th July 2010

A new week, and on my final day of anti-malarials, we headed into work.

I was feeling despondent at the poor performance of my students in an English test I had set for Friday. It made me wonder what I am doing in the classroom. One student made me feel even better today when he decided to not speak when I tried to ask why he wouldn’t do his work. Not a word would come from his lips.

I was left with two choices, ignore and shrug my shoulders, or get annoyed and see him get canned!

This afternoon Armorel and the clinic staff were ordered to a seminar about holistic nursing care, which continues tomorrow. The content was good, and sound, and the organisers are keen to implement a training course about it in Tabora. The only problem is that the course would be in English, which kind of denies access to all but the foreigners, whose training will have already covered the material.

Short sighted or no thought?

We need an early night, so only one episode of ER before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment