Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 168 – Wednesday 14th July 2010

School continues to keep me amused, and there seems to be a new rule for this term that no one told me about.

Turn up whenever you like.

It does drive you insane, but I guess all I can do is do it right and hope something rubs off on the other staff.

Today, the head was a no show!

Today also saw Armorel as a midwife. She spent the day at the regional hospital shadowing an UK midwife who is over for a few months. I think in total she saw 4 births and had her eyes truly opened. She seemed to have a great day.

However, chatting about it over a cup of tea left us both despondent. So much of the procedures seem barbaric and the lack of basic care makes you want to cry. I don’t know how to express my thoughts and opinions rationally and objectively, so I will leave it at this for the moment.

All I will say is that I have no idea what the solutions are or how we get there. Changes need to be made in so many areas, but I am left questioning if the locals actually want these changes or are willing to work for them.

A game of football with Baraka in the garden helps to quieten the mind and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment