Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 44 – Friday 12th March

It was a struggle to surface this morning in our lovely new bed, but with a perfect blue sky we were soon up and on our way.P1000353

I was excited / nervous / unsure as I arrived at work. There was a meeting planned to discuss my recommendations and proposals with all the staff, which I was sure would be a good challenge and debate. I left the meeting less than enthralled but we did make some process. You will all know how I don’t like baby steps when giant leaps are on the table. I am working hard to not feel too despondent and annoyed, this is certainly a challenge.

Armorel’s day was hot and long, seeing a range of patients and trying to work out their complaints. She was being tested on her comprehension of Swahili. The verdict was....as long as they speak slowly and get to the point it is a pass, if they waffle or go off course, it would be a fail. She then headed into town to do a range of home visits.

Not forgetting it was Friday it was now time to head over and play some football. We were on our bikes so cycled home and then onto HAPO day centre. It is really hard work on sandy roads, with a hot sun and no gears. What exercise though!

My day was not getting better.

The football wasn’t happening today!

It was a slow cycle home.

P1000358Pizza and movie night with sodas is now in order. It is my pick tonight, comedy, action or something else. 

I think I am up for some action! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment