Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 37 – Friday 5th March 2010

How glad are we that it is Friday! We are exhausted!

Today was a hot day, pushing high 30’s!

My half Friday turned out to be a myth, again, as we had a meeting after school with parents. In Tanzania you have to offer these meetings if you want to change anything in the school, so parents can have their say. Interesting idea!

The meeting was scheduled for 2pm.

At 1:55pm we went for lunch.

At 2:30pm we returned from lunch and sat in the office.

At 3:15pm we went to have the meeting. Crazy!

The meeting started with 10 parents on the topic of food. By the time we moved onto the last agenda item, pass marks (why we needed to discuss this with parents I do not understand!) we had 45 parents and it was 4:45pm.

An interesting meeting, I think. My interpreter fell asleep at about 3:45pm!

By the time I got home Arms had been home a while and we crashed. I had missed football! One day I may get this half day on a Friday and play.

Movie night = the film ‘Wimbledon’ with sodas.

“Am I too old to win Wimbledon Armorel?”

“No dear”, as she signed and rolled over.

No comments:

Post a Comment