Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 35 – Wednesday 3rd March 2010

Power!

Just in time last night to have a warm dinner.

Today, Armorel set off early, as she was heading out to a remote village, Mwkashindi, for a mobile clinic.

It really was a tale of two days. I spent the day sat working in a cold wet office and Armorel went deep country, drove off-road and had an amazing, yet tiring time. I was and am very jealous!P1000348

Armorel’s main role was seeing babies and giving them injections and vaccines. I think they saw 149 in the day. The village is very remote. You drive out of Tabora for about an hour, then turn off the road and drive cross country for nearly another hour. When the heavens open, as they did, it becomes quite fun driving. There are rivers and all sorts to conquer. P1000316

They do this trip once a month, so I have already booked myself as driver and hanger on.

This evening we had Margaret and Emma ,who work for a charity supporting AIDS orphans, come for dinner. Our first bit of entertaining. It is an amazing project run by volunteers which just aim to support these orphans as best they can, and they have Friday afternoon football, so I am going to head down there if I can escape work on time.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful to read news of each of your days. It gives a lovely overview of how your lives are moving along, and, reminds me of my time in Uganda.

    ReplyDelete