Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 33 – Monday 1st March 2010

I have never heard such loud thunder.

2:30am and the crack of thunder made me literally jump out of bed! And boy has it rained, and it still is. 5 hours non-stop. Getting to work will be fun.

I teach first thing on a Monday and the storm must have woken the kids early as they were silent, and greeted all my questions with a blank expressions. We were talking about an accident so soon woke up when I demonstrated a scream. One boy nearly fell off his chair.

We then played some quizzes running around the classroom. By the looks I got, I don’t think that is the ‘done’ thing in Tanzania.

Armorel had a busy day revitalising the triage room, spending hours cleaning and sorting the place, and what a transformation. She is definitely leaving her mark of cleanliness and efficiency.

Tonight, we were heading to Tim and Kim’s for a taste of America dinner, BUT, what I didn’t mention was that the power went off just before we went to bed last night and is still nowhere to be seen. We didn’t fancy sandwiches so headed out for some food. It was a lovely evening and we are both really sad this couple is leaving in a couple of weeks. We really hit it off and felt we could have some great times.

So we head to bed with no power.

No comments:

Post a Comment