Friday, September 24, 2010

Day 239 – Thursday 23rd September 2010

Thursday is always a long day.

I started the day creating my new reading ladder for school and levelling all of my reading books. Ally came to help me but spent most of the day fixing my laptop which was playing silly games.

We headed over the clinic to find Amy and Armorel busy sterilising hundreds of things, and I am sure they were seeing some patients too.

It was then time for netball and football in the dust and afternoon sun. It was hot hard work, and so I let Ally’s team win so he didn’t feel too lost on the strange pitch.P1010463

We arrived home via an unsuccessful trip to town. We have been trying to fill up our soda crate for two weeks now and no luck whatsoever. They are always sold out or closed.

This evening we had a nice relaxed dinner though I have tweaked my neck and am struggling to move. They are all finding it very funny!

1 comment:

  1. Have just returned home after an amazing time in Tanzania. Five days in Tabora and four in the Selous game reserve.
    What magnificent work both John and Armorel are doing. John's work will/is bringing many benefits to the people young and older who are lucky enough to have contact with him. Our time in Selous and Dar showed how proficiency in English opens doors that would otherwise be closed to local people. The extra curricular activities - i.e. football in the blazing sun, also bring something extra to the local children.
    The work Armorel has done and is still doing with the local staff is mind blowing when you see how little they have to work with in terms of equipment, drugs and the support facilities we take for granted. The needs are so great.
    It brought it home to me personally when I was fixing the autoclaves. There is no B&Q or service centre just down the road to pick up bits and pieces and my Leatherman does have its limitations. I am delighted to see from this posting that they still seem to be working.
    An altogether enlightening experience and both John and Armorel deserve all the support they can get to continue their work.
    Armorel's Folks.

    ReplyDelete