Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 234 – Saturday 18th September 2010

A day off and a lie in!

No wait!

Someone needs to drop a key off at the clinic for 8am. Looks like that’s me then!

After a lazy morning, and an enjoyable read of the paper, Armorel and the family head to the market, whilst I am off for football. Friday football is no more and they have moved it to Saturday morning. Not ideal at all, but luckily I could make this one.

It is hot at midday!

My team was quickly 3-0 down but an inspired 80 yard run, by me of course, set up a remarkable recovery to go 5-3 ahead. We were soon pegged back, but another lung busting run and this time cool finish saw us take the lead again. Immediately disaster struck as a fluke cross flew over our keeper, 6-6. The heat was taking its toll and players were fading and falling fast, though with a final burst of energy I broke into the box. I jinked around the defenders and found myself with a clear sight of goal on my left foot. What a scuff! The ball dribbled towards the goal, and in!

Victory! I collapsed and the game ended! I am not designed for this heat.

The tour of the market seemed to have gone well and they were now all at the clinic doing some DIY and hanging curtains. We had a late lunch and a quick tour of the train station before crashing in for the night.

The whirlwind tour is over and they leave tomorrow, though replacing them are Mr and Mrs Jones!

Very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment