Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 83 – Tuesday 20th April 2010

We both woke early to the sound of rain, which is lovely but not at 4am. Neither of us managed to get back to sleep really.

So as we ventured to work we were both a bit on the sleepy side. My day at school was less than eventful and I am not sure how I stayed awake.

Armorel on the other hand was busy as usual. They had one particularly horrible case of a two year old who came in after drinking kerosene, and was in a very bad way.

All you could do was pray, there was little anyone could do.

On a lighter note, Armorel is starting to build some great relationships with the nurses. However, I am bit concerned that she has been telling them all, much to their amusement, that I want 11 babies, enough for a football team.

I don’t.

Just one sports professional will do me just fine.

And those genes were on show this afternoon, as Team Salberg showed the locals how to do sport.

Armorel is our new school netball coach and took a session for 25 girls. She seemed to have great fun with limited resources, as in people and a ball, but chairs with people stood on them make great nets.

I on the other hand was showing my silky football skills and preparing for our first game on the 1st May.

The only difficulty is having one ball, the uneven terrain, the pile of rocks in the middle of the pitch and the tree on the left wing, oh and the 35 degrees plus heat.

My team lost 3-1.

Tonight, we are relaxing to some good ole American country music whilst drinking real coffee.

This isn’t bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment