Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 76 – Tuesday 13th April 2010

Today has been a long day!

We are both exhausted.

The clinic was busy today. The best way to describe how busy it was is by the fact that Armorel didn’t sit down until 5:15pm. A day not to talk about I don’t think.

My day was less hectic but I was cleverly running two afterschool clubs at the same time. One was a reading club and the other was meant to be football.

The football turned into a Maths club!?!?!

Not my choice, I was just told we can’t do football today, and being the only teacher left on site the maths homework came flooding out.

The reason why was given in Swahili, so your guess is as good as mine as to why we couldn’t play.

My brain has been taxed. Of course you have no calculators, and so when a child asks you what the cube root of 21 is, or the square root of 110,889, it hurts!

Prospective employers previous colleagues and students – Don’t panic, I managed to cope with all the questions. I think, and these comments of being taxed in no way reflect my ability to teach maths now, in the past or in the future.

Tonight we have done little. Read the paper and I have tried to get an annoying fly with a ruler.

These flies are not as slow as French ones.

I will get him though. Or maybe he is a she fly? Certainly irritating enough.

Did I just type that?

No comments:

Post a Comment