Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 301 – Wednesday 24th November 2010

The last day of exams, and I have the pleasure of invigilating the 2 hour chemistry exam. I was so bored.

The funniest thing was watching the students who blatantly had no idea how to answer most of the questions pass the time. One girl decided to see if she could tear a piece of paper into 1000 pieces.

The wind hindered her efforts as the pieces flew across the room.

So now what? The exams are done, the teachers aren’t going to teach, and the students have nothing to do.

I gave my exams back, and we have organised a sports tournament. We need to do something, school doesn’t close until Tuesday!

Armorel was at Kilungu today for her penultimate village clinic. It was a very quiet one, as everyone is busy in the fields preparing for the next big rains and the planting to begin.

Tonight we had Lucas, Noelina, Dixon and Faraja over for dinner, and a special treat, quarter of a pig. Mama Ndugu had given us a wonderful chunk of her pig, and so I embarked on a roast.

I must say I was impressed, and the crackling was so good!IMG_5092

No comments:

Post a Comment