Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 252 – Wednesday 6th October 2010

It was time for another trip out to the village of Mwakashindye today, so Armorel set off early. DSC_1648

I then tried to set off for work, but the joys of a flat tyre, made me a little late. I still managed to get to school in time to try and continue our learning about poetry.

                            The mobile clinic lab

We even started to write some short poems today. Maybe I will share some tomorrow?

My afternoon was spent in the bank trying changing some money for the clinic. As a white man I get such special treatment, and pretty much all the rules don’t apply. They have forms that need filling in and security checks to complete, but I bypass them all with one signature. I dread to think how long it could have taken.

I will miss this kind of treatment.

I then started driving home when one of the wheels started to fall off. Thank you to the man at the garage for failing to tighten the bolts up.

Armorel arrived home just after 6pm with a couple of others in tow. They had heard we had flapjacks!

This evening we have enjoyed chapatti, beans and salsa and a quick ER, and now we are going to attempt an early night.

No comments:

Post a Comment