Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 246 – Thursday 30th September 2010

Today was a long day.

We left for work this morning leaving Ally and Amy having a last lie in and relax before leaving us tomorrow.

I headed over to school to do assembly and then popped back to the clinic to pick up the keys and go and fetch Ally and Amy.

BUT, I got a bit delayed, having to put on my doctor hat.

A young boy arrived in the clinic with a broken arm and x-ray. He broke it 10 days ago, went to the regional hospital, had an x-ray and they then sent him home with nothing. Even I could see this break on the x-ray, and even more it was obvious to look at.

So I assisted / did the plaster cast. It is such a shame that the wait and lack of initial actions means his arm will never heal correctly.

I loved the chance though!

I then picked up Ally and Amy and we headed to the market to collect their new handmade clothes and some other bits and pieces.

They spent the rest of the day at the clinic, whilst I continued with DSC_1386my reading drive at school. They have been such a blessing to Armorel at the clinic and Amy’s nursing skills have been so beneficial. Thank you. Sorry about the photo, but Amy was very pleased with her sterile kit!

It was then time for Thursday sport and games for Armorel and me, whilst Amy and Ally were dragged off to help with some kids clubs. They had great fun playing ‘Duck, Duck, Goose’ and teaching them some classic English tunes.

This evening we headed to Faraja and Dixon’s house for dinner, and a last night meal for Ally and Amy.

Tomorrow will be a sad day.

DSC_1819

No comments:

Post a Comment