Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 28 – Wednesday 24th February 2010

Armorel left early this morning and headed out to Kilungu village, about an hours’ drive away for a mobile clinic.

She spent her day injecting and weighing babies, and having a fascinating time. Though, I am not so sure she was a fan of the screaming. My day was far less exciting, with the highlight being a game of body part hangman.

With Armorel not planning on being home till late, I ventured home on the bike. All was going well, I was getting a little warm but received many friendly shouts of encouragement, I think, and then I heard the sirens.

I looked up to see flashing lights and man waving a gun at me and shouting.

He was not stopping, so I had one option, head for the ditch.

I managed to stay upright, and then proceeded to witness a 15 car entourage for the President. Most cars were filled with gentleman reading papers, apart from one with a man smiling and waving.

I waved back.

It was the President.

I was not expecting that on my journey home.

1 comment: