Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 23 – Friday 19th February 2010

Have you got that Friday feeling?

Judging by the struggle to get up this morning, no. We are shattered!

We both headed off for a day of work.

Armorel spent some time in the lab and took lots of blood from unsuspecting victims. She then spent some time learning how to be a cardiologist. This seems to be the role which they would like her to take on, only a small task and promotion.

However, nothing as worrying as the fact that I am called ‘Dr’ when I come to the clinic and that they want to train me up to take blood. These episodes of ER are paying off!

Friday is meant to be a half day at school, finishing at 12:30pm. We finished at 3pm.

Why? Well as the head told me, “This is Africa John”.

John the bus driver was called into action again today, though to not such a warm welcome. As soon as I got in the van, 5 got out, and ran off. I don’t think my driving is that bad?

It would appear that it is my Swahili that is bad. I had somehow managed to tell them I wasn’t taking them home but would only go to town, when actually I said I could go to town if they wanted. Maybe I need 3 hours a night.

Armorel and I have decided that Friday is Pizza and film night and so we headed out for Pizza with Dr Ruth, Dr Jim and his wife Margaret. We only waited 1hr15min for our food which supposedly is not too bad, but they managed to forget Armorel’s pizza. The options were;

A. Wait another hour for the pizza

B. Share food with the rest of us

C. Complain bitterly about ridiculous standards and ruin our chances of ever eating in one of 3 safe eating places.

Option B was opted for, though not supported by all.

By the time we got home, a film was out of the question so we went for another ER. They showed a student how to do a blood gas. I watched very carefully!

1 comment:

  1. Good to read your blog. We have now receive our Bishop letter and are now hoping to have our work permit processed so should be out there in April

    ReplyDelete