Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 1 – Thursday 28th January 2010

The chaos of packing up home, whilst saying goodbye to friends and family and then the small task of preparing ourselves for this whole new adventure has left us exhausted. We have though arrived at Heathrow on time and following a very smooth check-in can relax in the company of a Nero’s coffee. This still seems very surreal.

We have been cleared by security! Though it was close. Armorel was in trouble for not emptying her pockets of deadly change, and I was less than comfortable with the security guard undoing my trousers during the search. Nonetheless we are through and about to embark on the worst part of the trip for me, duty free.

Harrods is huge in Terminal 5, though luckily for me we had nowhere to put anything so we managed to escape that trauma. I did succumb to a short stop in Accessorize for some essential jewellery. Essential in the sense as we needed a fourth engagement ring. This seems to be a regular event whenever we leave home.

Gate B32!

No upgrade! Never mind, we will manage. I think we will both sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment