Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 127 – Thursday 3rd June 2010

The dogs were at it again last night. They are really starting to drive us mad.

This morning we headed off to the diocese offices, as we were picking up a car. We are borrowing one for my parents are here. They arrive tomorrow.

It’s great to have a large vehicle, but it’s an interesting drive. The selling points we were given when we picked it up were;

“The driver’s door doesn’t really open.”

“The brakes need pumping because they don’t actually work.”

“Sometimes you can’t get into gear, so you need to switch the engine off, wait and then try again.”

I think we are going to have some fun, but I have my proper Africa man’s truck!

I continued to work in the office and the supply of chapatti’s and tea continued as well. Armorel ran the ward this morning, as the nurse on duty was MIA. She has also started to train up the nurses on how to admit and discharge patients, so that she isn’t always responsible. We will see how that works.

Tonight we are entertaining, and have a bunch over for dinner. We enlisted Baraka and Zawadi to help us prepare, though they spent most of this time attacking John and eating the food. However, we have had a lovely evening.

My phone has just beeped. The text reads’

“We are just getting on the plane to Dar. See you in the morning.”

So tomorrow at around 1:30pm, my Mum, Dad, Brother and Sister arrive. We can’t wait! Sorry if the blog gets a bit quieter, especially when we go away, I am sure you will survive.

If you can’t cope let me know and I will put on some speculative posts for you.

Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment